We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidential information of its users. As such, this Policy may be changed from time to time in order to better meet user needs. The “Last update” legend at the top of this Policy indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Sites and Services. You should periodically check for updates to this Policy.
Collection of Personal Non-Personal Information
R&D Partners collects the Personal Information (“Personal Information”) that you provide to us when you use the Site and the Services. The Personal Information R&D Partners collects includes your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. R&D Partners also collects other Personal Information about you where we have obtained your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide our services to you. If you do not provide the information request, we may not be able to provide our services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites or Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
As is true of most websites, we also gather certain Personal Information automatically. This information includes, but is not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This information helps us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the Sites and Services, and to diagnose and fix technical issues.
Use of Collected Information
We use Personal Information we collect in relation to the Site and the Services for the following purposes:
- providing funding research and consulting services, either directly or through third parties;
- developing new products and services, and enhancing, repairing, and modifying our current offerings;
- promoting our Services as well as any affiliated or partner events or services;
- providing company information, funding opportunities, and industry updates via our newsletter or personalized notification updates (which you can unsubscribe from at any time);
- replying to your comments, questions and inquiries;
- analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services;
- aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information;
- preventing fraud and monitoring security;
- meeting certain legal requirements; and
- for other business purposes, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may also use the Personal Information we obtain to provide you with company information, such as email notifications, newsletter subscriptions or other information which may be of interest to you. You may opt out of this use of your Personal Information by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Information section.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. R&D Partners may disclose your Personal Information: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, and for other legal or regulatory reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others.
R&D Partners will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other third party without your written consent.
By using the Sites and Services, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Third Party Websites
The Sites and Services may contain links or references to third party websites. R&D Partners content related to the Site or the Services, including but not limited to R&D Partners search engines and widgets, may also be made directly available on third-party websites. Please be aware that these third-party websites are not governed by this Policy and that your Personal Information may not be protected on such third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies applicable to every website you visit. We are not responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating a website or service to which the Sites or Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or Services does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or service.
Use of the Sites and Services by Minors
The Site and Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Security and Retention
We take proactive and reasonable steps to ensure the protection of the personal and confidential information in our custody and control appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including, but not limited to:
- User passwords and data are protected using the latest encryption technologies to guard against unauthorized access to our systems;
- AWS secure data centers to help protect data in our care;
- Multiple zones and layers on firewalls to protect our internal and external networks;
- Third party service providers are thoroughly vetted for their security practices.
These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. We limit access to Personal Information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Information to which they have access. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting Personal Information. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that Personal Information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization. You should therefore take care in deciding what information you send us via email.
R&D Partners will retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. The specific retention period for Personal Information will vary depending on the nature of the data and the context in which it was collected. When Personal Information is no longer required, we will securely delete or anonymize it in accordance with our data retention policy and applicable laws.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Sites or Services or otherwise to us.
Access and Correction
You may have the right to obtain access to Personal Information we maintain about you by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Information section. Similarly, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, to the extent provided by applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by writing to us using the information provided in the Contact Information section. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and/or may ask you to provide other details before granting you access to the information. We will store your Personal Information until you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
Under various privacy regulations, users may have additional rights concerning their Personal Information. These rights may include:
- The right to erasure: Users may request the deletion of their Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected, or the user withdraws their consent.
- The right to data portability: Users may request a copy of their Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit this data to another data controller without hindrance from R&D Partners.
- The right to object to processing: Users may object to the processing of their Personal Information for specific purposes, such as direct marketing or when processing is based on legitimate interests.
To exercise these rights or learn more about them, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Information section.
Third-Party User Data
If you choose to use or connect to third-party integrations (e.g. Google Calendar through R&D Partners), such third parties may allow us to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those services as it relates to your use of R&D Partners.
By enabling these connections, you authorize us to connect and access the information provided through these connections, and you understand that the privacy policies of these third parties govern such connections.
R&D Partners will keep personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil its contractual obligations towards the user. Personal data will be deleted or anonymized as soon as possible after the termination of the users’ account, unless it must be stored in order for R&D Partners to fulfill obligations in statutory law.
R&D Partners uses the information to pre-fill timesheets for the users, as graphically shown here.
The data collected through third-party integrations are never shared to any other third-party or entity.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Creative Commons Attribution
R&D Partners acknowledges the use of a free “North America Cities” icon pack on our contact page by Befoolish from thenounproject.com.
“Montreal” icon by Befoolosh, from thenounproject.com.
“Toronto” icon by Befoolosh, from thenounproject.com.
“Vancouver” icon by Befoolosh, from thenounproject.com.
Mailing address: Privacy Officer, 1117 Sainte-Catherine O., Suite 610, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1H9