JOB POSTING: Project Engineer / Consultant
R&D Partners is a team of experienced professional engineers and finance/tax experts committed to providing start-up to large multinational technology companies with the highest level of service to meet their business needs in the area of R&D tax credits. Dedication, innovation, and professional client services are our core values. Our employees are continuously exposed to leading edge technologies and are working in a fast paced learning environment.
- Meeting with clients in the fields of information technology and computer science engineering to assess whether their projects meet the criteria of any of the various government funding programs available,
- Preparing the technical documentation (including technical reports) required to prove that the work done meets the criteria,
- Collecting financial data to calculate the amount of funding the client is eligible to receive, and
- Participating in various business development activities including: marketing initiatives, conferences, networking, and cold calling.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and attributes.
- A strong technical and analytical mind: You should have the ability to understand new technologies quickly and have an interest to work with technologies other than those in your background.
- Very good communication skills: In your own style, you communicate easily with people in both English and French and can do so just as well verbally as in writing. You can also handle difficult clients with aplomb and in a professional manner.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: You are a take charge type of person who recognizes that working with a small team means taking on responsibility and being accountable. You are open to working additional hours during busy periods.
- Flexible with an attention to detail: You must be able to change directions quickly based on client availability and deadlines. You must be organized enough to manage multiple client files while ensuring that important details do not fall through the cracks.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other field of science
- Bilingual – English and French (oral and written)
- Worked in a technical environment on one or more development projects for a period of two years or more
- Worked directly with clients or have played a prominent role in leading a technical project
- Great attitude that makes you open to trying and learning new things
- Valid driver’s license
- Possessing previous software development experience will be considered an asset.
If you are excited about the opportunity and meet or exceed the requirements of a position, please email your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to our offices at 1117 Sainte Catherine Street West, Suite 410, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1H9. We thank you for your interest and unfortunately will only be able to contact those candidates selected for interviews.